Just signed up? We cover the basics here.
1. What is Contiamo?
Contiamo is a web-based application that:
- lets you securely centralize all your data in one place;
- provides powerful yet intuitive visualization and collaboration tools to leverage your data.
As it is web-based, you access Contiamo from your browser. There is nothing for you to install or maintain. We worry about the complicated stuff, you focus on getting the most out of your data.
1.1. What is a project?
A project is a workspace in Contiamo. It is used to organize data sources, dashboards, and users. A project also offers:
- A space for ad-hoc data exploration and analysis;
- Tools for sharing and collaboration.
1.2. Project roles
Projects members have different roles:
- Admins can add data sources, build dashboards, and invite other users;
- Users can view dashboards and conduct analyses in their own, dedicated exploration space.
- Restricted users are restricted to viewing only specific dashboards.
It is of course possible to be a regular user in one project, and an admin in another. When you create a project, you automatically become an admin. When you invite other users, you decide what role you want to give them.
2. Getting started
To get started, please log into Contiamo: https://app.contiamo.com/
After you log in, the welcome page will list all your projects. Click on a project to get started.
No project yet? Create one!
2.1. Getting help
When you first enter a Contiamo project, you will automatically be shown our interactive help. You can replay each page's help at any time from the help menu in the upper-right corner:
You can also chat with us live at anytime, also from the upper right corner:
3. Navigating a Contiamo project
You navigate between the project's sections from the navigation bar at the top:
- In the Dashboards section you can view, and in the case of admins create and edit, dashboards.
- The Explore section lets you explore, analyze, and drill into the data.
- The Manage section is where admins manage data sources, users, and more.
Note that, depending on your role, not all sections will be shown:
- Only admins can access the manage section;
- Restricted users are restricted to the dashboards section.
4. What next?
If you have been invited to an existing project, you can check out the dashboards, or explore the data on your own in the Explore section. Visit the user guide for more help.