This guide explains how to track events using Contiamo.
1. Event tracking
2. Understanding Events, Users and Sessions
The Contiamo tracker allows you to store information on three different levels. Events belong to Sessions which in turn belong to Users:
3. Installing an event tracker
An event tracker can be installed like any other data source: In the Data sources tab of the Manage section, click + Add new and select the Event tracker type:
After the installation, you are taken to the event tracker view, which has four tabs:
- In the Summary tab you can carry out administrative tasks such as renaming or deleting the data source.
- The Integration tab provides customized code snippets for integration (see integration below).
- The Data contracts tab is described in more detail below.
- The Event console displays the latest 25 events received by the event tracker.
3.1. Data contracts
There is no need to look at data contracts for day-to-day operations. Contiamo automatically creates data contracts for you.
Each event tracker contains these four data contracts: user:user and user:session, which hold the data on users and sessions, as well as log:all and user:visit which are there for technical reasons.
In addition, Contiamo will create one data contract per type of event that you decide to track (e.g. visit, signup, order...). Namely, the event identifier property of an event matches the corresponding data contract key listed under Unique key.
4. Sending data
Depending on your technology, there are different ways to send data to the Contiamo event tracker. Please refer to the appropriate help section: